Thanksgiving is over?!


I know, I have been bad at blogging lately. But for me to have not posted anything since before Thanksgiving is just awful! And now here we are at Christmas and I haven't said one thing.

Well...In advance of New Years, my resolution is to post more often (once a week?) and to put up more pictures. Although, that means that I will have to find time, or allocate it, as the case may be.

Catch Up:
Audrey's class went on a field trip to a performance of dance and music from around the world. She discovered that the sound in the background of JJ's video game was called a didgeridoo and was very excited to tell Jay about it.

We went to Hanford for Thanksgiving this year. The kids had a great time with their cousins. We had a some good food and discovered deep fried green beans dipped in ranch were a fabulous appetizer.

JJ's Class sang Christmas Carols to the seniors at two senior centers in SSF. Santa showed up at the second one. And let me tell you. I couldn't have been more proud of Santa! He was fabulous; laughing and clapping and singing. The kids were beside themselves! Good Job Santa!

We made Gingerbread houses at my Mom's this year. The kids were very good at finding ways to put candy on every inch of the exposed gingerbread and foil covered cardboard and didn't hesitate to use gobs of royal icing!

JJ is learning to spell. The other day Jay asked him to spell a word (insert three letter word here such as dog, cow, or hay because I can't remember what word it was) and JJ responded, "Ask me to spell C-A-T."

Chris is beginning to talk, and has mastered calling for me or Jay in the middle of the night "Mama" and "Dada" are definitely his favorite words between 1am and 5am. During the day he asks for water with what sounds like mama but has more of a /o/ sound than an /a/ sound, sort of like "momo" while raising his hands high above his head. He also has begun to find hot wheels cars fascinating, driving them over all terrains in the house and finding places to keep them such as sweater and pants pockets and laundry baskets.

Kaylee has become very sassy as of late. All of her statements end in a slightly uplifting note which makes each one shift into a question by the end of her sentence.

Sparkle our cat ran away last week and when he returned four days later (after we had visited the pound and were preparing to hang posters) we were all relieved.

If I don't have your address I can't send you a New Year's Letter (because I have given up on sending one for Christmas). Send me your address and I will add you to my list.

If I don't get on here soon, Happy Holidays!

1 Input:

Miss Sue said...

Welcome back my friend!!! I missed you!!!! Good to hear about all the kiddos. Hope to see pics soon. Love you.

Where is Everybody?