I knew that this day would come but for some reason never thought about what I would do. Which is strange, because if you know me you know that I think about everything before it happens, including all of the possibilities and outcomes. When Audrey yanked out her first loose tooth on Sunday I didn't quite know what the tooth fairy would do in our house. Jay told me that when he was little he got a quarter, I told him that that was in the seventies and there has been a lot of inflation since then. When I was little I remember getting a dollar, once I lost a tooth at my grandma's house and I got two dollars (I wanted to loose all of my teeth there!). So after much discussion and asking lots of other parents for advice we settled on one dollar.
When Audrey went to sleep and put the tooth under her pillow in a little baggie I thought she would be up all night, but she went right to sleep. At around 1:00 in the morning Kaylee started to cry, she has been a little stuffed up lately. Audrey woke up and called to me and told me that she couldn't find her tooth. This same thing happened four times, and between Kaylee and Audrey I didn't fall back asleep until 3:30 in the morning. The fourth time that Audrey called me she started to cry because she thought that she had lost her tooth. I had to go and get a flashlight and we looked under her pillow, and when she saw the dollar I said, "Now don't touch it and go to sleep." And she finally did, and then when she woke up in the morning she acted like none of that had ever happened, she was excited to get the dollar and told everyone in the house! She is so funny.
Tooth Fairy
Monday, April 7, 2008 | Posted by Craziest Cottrell at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Input:
Post a Comment