Good Old Fashion Fun

This year Christmas Cheer seems to have taken a back seat to chaos here. But we have done a few very Christmas things, and I have the pictures to prove it!
JJ and his friend Greyson sang in a CRAZY holiday production for school. I won't go into great detail; but both my family and Greyson's family were happy that we wouldn't have to go next year.

Then we went to see Santa at the mall. He was a good sport. I have a few pictures of Karen (my niece) with the kids but I will spare her family, she looked very, very, very scared and sad. But the kids all did pretty well. Chris spit up on Santa, and Dean didn't try to run away or anything. They were all pretty good sports. When Santa asked the kids what they want for Christmas Audrey said she wanted a dog to which this very good Santa said, "Oh, I am so sorry, I can't bring any live animals on my sleigh." She seemed okay with that, and so was I!

Then we went to my moms and we decorated Gingerbread houses. My mother, in an effort to become a saint, made more than twenty Gingerbread houses, just so that everyone could make one. The kids had a great time and they all turned out fabulous! I don't have any finished pictures because by then I couldn't find my camera. But here is the beginning of the crazy...



Things I still have to do to feel like I am ready...
1. Finish shopping, are you ever really done?
2. Wrap everything that I shopped for up.
3. Mail all of the things that need to be mailed.
4. Sing some Christmas carols.
5. Finally mail out my Christmas cards, we missed last year.
6. Sing some more Christmas carols.
7. Keep the decorations on my tree.
8. Find some Christmas spirit.
9. Take some time to look at Christmas lights.
10. Go to the Temple and look at their light display, followed by a trip to Fentons or Caspers (or both, I don't mind).
11. Take a nap....and then another, and another.

Posted by Picasa

2 Input:

Hanaike House said...

Your Mom must be a saint to make all those gingerbread houses! Very impressive! And what a great picture of the kids, actually visiting Santa in his sleigh! Looks to me like you are all having a great Christmas season.

Miss Sue said...

Hasn't your mom ever heard of graham cracker houses? She actually baked and made real ginger bread house? I again stand in awe of your mother. Wow. just plain wow.

Where is Everybody?