JJ's first Primary Talk

JJ is well on his way to being an outspoken orator! On Sunday JJ gave his first Primary Talk. I will admit he learned it just before church and it lasted about two minutes but he did GREAT! We practiced it at breakfast and in the car on the way to church, I would be telling him what to say and he would be repeating it and then he would start whispering and I would say, "Talk Loud" and he would say, "TALK LOUD." He is so funny. Grammy and Grandma C and Sean and Dustin arrived for the occasion and they sat in the back of the primary room. I told JJ, look how far back they are sitting, you need to talk loud so that they can hear you really well. He said, "Okay." And he did! He talked as clearly as he possibly could and slowly and everything. He was just so happy to be standing at the podium. His talk was about how Jesus is our savior and so he talked about all of the things that Jesus did for us. My favorite part was when he was talking about Jesus' sacrifice and how he died so that we could return to Heavenly Father, the line was, Jesus sacrificed himself so that we could repent and return to Heavenly Father. JJ was only saying one or two words at a time and so when I read the sentence to him he just shouted out "REPENT!" and then said the rest of the words! We are so lucky to have such a sweet kid in our family.

1 Input:

Mendoza's said...

JJ is too funny!.... what a way to call everyone to repentance...a prophet in the making

Where is Everybody?