Go TN!

Too bad they were getting CREAMED!!!! Okay, so I have been on an exclamation point kick lately. Sorry about that. Moving on...
On Friday night we went to Terra Nova's last home game. Jay and I (both TN Alum.) were SHOCKED at the changes that have overcome the place. And Handicap ramps were just the beginning. No more old wooden bleachers with the Seniors year painted on them. All aluminum now, new state of the art astroturf field prepainted with a giant snarling tiger and football and soccer boundries. Not to mention the snack shack which would be better described as a palace. The ticket booth was even replaced with a fancy ticket window inside of a more than likely central heated building. Wow.
And we went to see the band play (see third picture down). TN has a REAL band! They performed at half time and everything! They did a great job. And there were Cheerleaders! I could just go on and on. It was like someone else's school.
Jay spent the entire game telling me about when he played on the team. Audrey and JJ took turns taking pictures. At half time after the cheerleaders and the band performed we were treated to a brief sampling of the Ultimate Frisbee team at TN. Yes, I did just say that TN has an Ultimate Frisbee team. What is this world coming to?
All in all, we had a good time. It was fun to talk about the old days, as old people do, to the kids. They asked lots of questions and appeared to be impressed. In ten years they will certainly be saying, "Alright, we already heard this story...so what." So I guess that we had better enjoy it now.
Good Times.
GO TN.

The kids on the aluminum bleachers, they were having a good time, I swear.

The new field with scary tiger and players in uniform.

A blurry, yet very clear picture, of the actual TN Marching Band.


Ultimate Frisbee, and the visitors aluminum bleachers in the background.
Posted by Picasa

4 Input:

Mendoza's said...

You guys sound like Texans! Going to the HS games when you don't attend anymore and your kids aren't old enough yet!

joanie said...

Does this mean that the team started winning, or are they still as bad as they were when I went there?

Craziest Cottrell said...

Well, when we left at half time they were well behind. 0-20 something. Poor guys. But I guess that doesn't prevent people from donating to their cause!

Miss Sue said...

wow I sure dont remeber it like that! wow.

Where is Everybody?