A Budding Artist

A few weeks ago with Pre-Kindergarten coming to a close JJ's teacher asked me if we could work on coloring at home. While he doesn't like coloring large empty pages he has advanced by leaps and bounds in the art department in my opinion. Just a few months ago a few circles and scribbles was all that he would draw. Now I present to you his latest art in this very exclusive gallery...

Grandpa C
Media- Prang Chalk in White, 2009 Standard Issue Kindergarten Readiness Chalk Board.

JJ enters the room holding the chalkboard with picture drawn and says to Jay, "Do you remember this guy? I'll give you a hint... he's your dad..." Long pause, several purposly wrong guesses later, "No silly, it's your dad, Grandpa C" I ask, is Grandma C wearing the skirt? And he says, "No, this one is Grandma C (on the left), and this one is Dad (on the right), this one is Grandpa C (center)." Here he is with a picture he drew of Grandma C, Grandpa C, and Jay.


The Three Little Pigs
Media- Crayola Markers Bold and Pastel, Dry Grass, Popsicle Sticks, Red Constrution Paper, Light Blue Construction Paper, Crayola Crayons, on White Construction Paper.

The story by JJ...
The three little pigs and the big punching wolf. One little pig built a straw house, one little pig built a stick house, and the last little big built a strong brick house. Then they went out to have a picnic. When they saw the big bad wolf they killed it with a big torture stick. You know the stick that you use and you torch stuff with it. (Me) But I thought the wolf came and... (JJ) Ate them? NO they got the wolf before he ate them. This is a different version of it because they got the wolf before he ate them. (Me) Anything else? (JJ) No. That was it.

Rabbit Going Home
Media- Blue Crayola Crayon, on White College Ruled Binder Paper.

"Look mom I drew a rabbit."
"Oh, it is so cute. What is he doing with the snake?"
"You mean that thing next to him?"
"Yeah."
"That's not a snake. It's his hole. He is going home."
"Wow, that is pretty cool."
"Yeah."

4 Input:

lauren said...

I love that art! I especially love the stories that go with it. He's so funny (and so are you, leslee!)

Flock of Lambs said...

That is way too cute! I love what kids come up with.

Miss Sue said...

Its time to run to walmart for some real frames those are some spiffy art pieces. Love the story too!

Cassie said...

Great art work JJ! The rabbit going home is my favorite picture but the thee little pigs is the best story.

Where is Everybody?