First Day of School 2009


Okay, so these pictures are a week old but in my computer troubled haze I deleted the program for my camera and then became preocuppied by the fact that I couldn't find any of my old pictures, but here I am, recovered 83%. So on with the show...

The first day of school arrived with pomp and circumstance. Although we quickly told them to leave as we only had enough Captain Crunch for our immediate family on this particular morning. Audrey and JJ posed for the obligatory picture in front of the school name (I wish taht they would paint it a prettier shade for the sake of my scrapbooks). They are so big!



Here is Audrey with her 2nd grade (YES! I SAID SECOND GRADE!) teacher Mrs. Garcia-Rovetta. She is so sweet. She has assigned the kids to make Student of the Week posters to display sometime during the year and Audrey immediately started working on hers. They are sitting at Audrey's desk, she is on the end farthest away from the whiteboard (no blackboard here). I guess that her talking has not become evident yet, or maybe over the summer she has stopped, although I doubt it.



Here is JJ with his Kindergarten teacher Mr. Jones. Mr. Jones is so cool he knew who JJ was before JJ even introduced himself. When JJ walked in he said, "Hi JJ (shakes his hand). What do you want me to call you JJ or Jason?" JJ stands there dumbfounded. I lean over and say, "Which do you want Mr. Jones to call you? JJ or Jason?" JJ comes to, "JJ." "JJ" we both repeat. JJ (facing Mr. Jones) continues to stand there staring at him. Mr. Jones asks, "What can I do for you?" JJ says, "I want to take a picture with you." Mr. Jones says, "Sure." JJ resumes the dumbfounded pose. Mr. Jones gently turns him to face the camera and I say, "Smile." I tell JJ to have a good day. And he walks away like he doesn't have a care in the world.



After school JJ removes this note that I left him in his lunch box. He asks me, "Mom, what does this say?" I ask, "Couldn't you read it?" To which he replies, "No, and none of my friends could read." And I thought that I had made it so simple. After reviewing my pictograms we read it together. Yesterday he asked if he chould bring a lunch from home. I said sure and packed a lunch. Then he asked if I could leave him another note in his lunch box. Who could resist that sweet request? Well, don't worry I left him a new note with the same message so that no one had to read it for him (and so that he could impress his friends).

Posted by Picasa

Where is Everybody?