More Men in the Kitchen


On Sunday morning JJ got up before seven got dressed for church and then decided to help around the house. SO... he unloaded the entire dishwasher and then proceeded to get out the stool and start scrubbing the dishes in the sink with a very soapy and wet sponge. Audrey was happy to help by getting him an apron and handing him things to wash. Jay was watching football and so did not see the action and I was in the shower during the whole charade. When I got out of the shower Audrey came and told me in her best tattle tale voice that JJ was washing the dishes all by himself. I said, "JAY! JJ is washing the dishes?" And Jay said, "NO JJ! You can't do that all by yourself!" JJ started crying. I took a picture. He cried some more. I helped him down and wiped his tears and asked him what he wanted to eat for breakfast, "Nahfing (Nothing) I want nahfing!" I asked Jay to please help him so that he would stop crying and I went and finished getting ready for church. Soon the crying stopped and I came to the kitchen to find Jay and JJ working together to do the dishes. JJ was so happy and so was I! Jay asked JJ, "What made you want to do the dishes this morning?" JJ said, "Oh, because of my dream." And that was how Sunday started at the Cottrell house.

3 Input:

Megan said...

that jj he is such a good kid. what a sweetheart to do the dishes. i like that kid.

love,
nagan

Mendoza's said...

JJ come do my dishes! Yay for dad for helping too :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy, following what his dream said. You can't argue with that! What a self-esteem boost to get help too. Way to go parents!

Where is Everybody?