Growing Pains


I remember when I was a kid our family loved to watch sitcoms, and we still do for the most part. Two of our favorites were Growing Pains and Family Ties. I had the biggest crush on Kirk Cameron! Anyway, that is beside the point. Long after Growing Pains was trying to continue to be interesting, after Leonardo DiCaprio joined and then they had another baby (or was that in the opposite order?) There was an episode about the youngest, Crissy, having to go to bed early. My family has continually referred to this episode since then. So that you know what I am talking about I will give you the brief review...
Crissy has to go to bed at bed time, and she wants to stay up. She dreams that at night when she is asleep the adults have all kinds of fun, pony rides and clowns, etc. etc. etc. When she tells her parents this they try to convince her otherwise and as a part of a bargain she gets to stay up one night just to see that going to bed is not keeping her from all the fun. The night that she gets to stay up is like any other night but then all these crazy things start happening just by sitcom coincidence there is a lot of excitement and of course Crissy doesn't want to go to bed ever again.
Now that you know...My mom came and whisked my kids away for the weekend to my Grandma's house. I am equally grateful to her and my mother-in-law for helping me out these last few weeks while we are adjusting to being a family of four. However; Kaylee is not so grateful, she is having fantasies of pony rides I am sure. She is feeling a little left out. But she will soon forget, since she has the memory of a 22 month old and thankfully not the memory of Audrey (who has a mind like a steel trap). There will be no pony rides here this weekend! I hope the big kids are having a lot of fun.

1 Input:

Miss Sue said...

Sweet little baby girl. So how is it with four? Yours are all so young too. Glad to see you back online I check your blog everyday...no pressure! ;)

Where is Everybody?