We Made it!

Here it is, the planetarium post! For my birthday this year we have been trying to make it to the Palentarium at the California Academy of Sciences. We were going to go last month; but Jay couldn't get a scheduled day off and then he was out of town on business and everyone was sick, Audrey had school activities, and the list goes on. So last week Audrey had a day off of school and so Jay took the day off of work and we finally made it! Here is a picture of the planetarium dome, the people coming from the walkway at the top are exiting and the people near the bottom are close to the entrance. I took this picture on our way out.

Here we are inside. We sat in the front row, which we probably won't do if we have an opportunity to go again. However, anyway you can see it, I highly recommend it! We saw a show called "The Fragile Planet" narrated by Sigourney Weaver. It was truly amazing, not the star projector of days gone by. I could really go on and on about how incredible it was, but you just have to see it!
There is a part about finding other worlds that could possibly be like our own orbiting stars like our sun that are just too far away for us to get to in this lifetime. But the people who are studying them can infer which planets are most likely to be able to support life, like our planet. And it was amazing, they pointed out how many they have found so far, and it's not even close to all of them, it's just the beginning.
And the pictures were stunning and the experience was one of a kind. I think that the kids really enjoyed it, poor Jay, he was so tired from getting up at 3am and driving for six hours the day before that he fell asleep in the last five minutes. But he said otherwise he really enjoyed it also.

I was really glad that Jay got to come with us this time. We spent a lot of time exploring and he looked at all of the animals and fish with the kids. He is such a wonderful guy!


I think that this is my favorite picture from that day, the butterfly that we found upside down on this leaf at the top of the rainforest dome. It was so perfecty matched to the foilage that I almost missed it.
Anyone who wants to go again I will gladly go with you!
Posted by Picasa

1 Input:

Miss Sue said...

now that looks like fun!

Where is Everybody?