How does that song go? "FEVER, in the mornin' fever all through the night..." It's a medical mystery. We can now all ponder it together. Audrey complained of a headache all day with no other symptoms. She blamed it on getting kicked on accident today at school while walking under the monkey bars. She went to bed and seemed fine. Then at 11:30 she suddenly woke up with a 103.1 fever. The strange part is that last week on Sunday she complained of a fever all day and then that night woke up with a fever so high and hot I could barely touch her. The next day it was gone, as if it had never been. She was fine and upset that she couldn't go to school. I was being cautious, 24 hours after a fever before returning to school is the rule around here (although I think that I am the only one who follows it). So I called Kaiser and they said that they couldn't think of anything that would cause that. Any ideas? And when do I start making a stink about it?
FEVER!
Thursday, November 8, 2007 | Posted by Craziest Cottrell at 11:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Input:
I found this online:
Fever is only a symptom, not a disease. If other symptoms are present, evaluate those. Fevers in a healthy child of 100.4° (38°) to 102° (38.9°) that occur without other symptoms and that last 2 to 3 days are usually not a cause for concern.
Recurrent fevers are those that occur 3 or more times within 6 months and are at least 7 days apart. It is not unusual for a young child to have 7 to 10 viral infections in a year. Each new viral infection may cause a fever. Recurrent fevers do not usually have any long-term side effects.
If your child has frequent fevers but does not have other symptoms, a visit to a health professional is needed to determine what is causing the fevers. It may seem that a fever is ongoing, but if 48 hours pass between fevers, then the new fever is most likely from a new illness.
If you are unable to measure your child's temperature, look for other symptoms of illness every hour while your child has a fever.
Poor Audrey! I guess I'm not coming over today.
Post a Comment