

JJ is so proud of himself, he took these pictures, his hands were too small to really hold the camera and he kept looking in the wrong end. But I finally got him to press hard enough on the big top button for him to actually take the picture. Kaylee was more than happy to pose. I on the other hand was a little too close to him, I said, "Do you see what you want the picture of?" To which he replied, "Yes." and then took the picture. I only put that up because after I thought about it for awhile it occurred to me that that is probably what I do look like to the three year old, five year old, and the one year old that dominate the largest portion of my life. I guess in retrospect JJ looks just like that top picture, a blur (here he is actually dancing and not waiting for me to take the picture) of energy, Kaylee a pale bald head, and Audrey just tall enough for me to look her in the eye when I am sitting at the table. I remember when my house seemed so big, when the desks at school were immense and I could hide all kinds of things in that tiny compartment, I remember feeling like the playground was giant and that when I was on the top I couldn't be reached by even the tallest of the kids. I remember thinking that I would never have to be old, that I would always be little and thinking that those big people didn't ever know how to have fun, but really how could they when they didn't fit in any of the forts that my sisters and I built or have a desire to build Barbie World for eight hours on Saturday. I'm glad that JJ took that bad picture of me. I think it reminded me that we all see things a little differently.
Images From A 3 Year Old
Thursday, November 8, 2007 | Posted by Craziest Cottrell at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Input:
Post a Comment