The First Day of First Grade

Well, summer is finally coming to a close! Yippee! I think that the kids were getting as tired of me as I was getting of them. I love them dearly, but we all need a break now and then. Well, today came with much anticipation, Audrey has been counting down the days left for over a week now. We left this morning and walked to school all the way to the farthest building and still got there on time. Audrey has her own little desk with her name on it and everything this year! At the end of the day she told Jay that her first day was perfect. Here she is with Miss. Kaw her first grade teacher.

Here are the kids in front of the school. I took a picture at the same place last year you can see how much everyone has changed.
2008

2007


At around noon JJ told me that he missed Audrey. It was very sweet. As soon as she came home they started fighting. When I pointed out to them that JJ had missed Audrey so much they both apologized and then started playing very nicely. I wonder how long that will last. When I told Jay that story he said that they have a "Love Hit relationship." very funny.

4 Input:

lauren said...

Cute! They have grown a lot

Mendoza's said...

cute dress!

Wiser Family said...

so cute! I can't believe how big Audrey is now. I still remember her as a tiny little toddler in nursery.

joanie said...

I bet Audrey is running the class by now!

Where is Everybody?