Taken By Surprise

I don't know about anyone else; but, when I know that someone is coming over I quickly clean up my house as best as I can. If I have ample warning, say a few days, I clean like mad the entire time. With the kids around any cleaning I do is quickly undone, new dishes, new toys, new clothes that have to be put away. Twice in the last week we have had unexpected visitors come over. This has been very hard for me. Both times there was a pile of Laundry on the couch and toys and dishes all over the floor. One of our visitors went down the hall and into the bathroom. Unmaid beds, nowhere to walk, towels on the floor and hanging over the bathroom door. I have a friend, Lora, who told me that she doesn't care what peoples houses look like, she figures that if they are judging someone by the way that their house looks they aren't really your friend. I tried for a long time to feel the same way about my own mess. I definitely feel that way when I go to other peoples houses, or at least try to. However, it is hardest to let go of our own insecurities.

0 Input:

Where is Everybody?